PyPile is a lateral pile analysis software program based on p-y curve and finite element method. Pile deflection, bending moment and shear force can be analyzed with different load cases and multiple pile types.
PyPile has common pile cross sections and custom cross section. Typical soft clay, stiff clay, sand p-y curves (Barry J. Heyer and Lymon C. Reese, 1979), API sand, weak rock, c-phi soil, and custom p-y curve are included.
Free pile head, fixed pile head, and arbitrary boundary conditions at any pile depth are implemented. Concentrated load, moment, distributed load can be applied at any depth along piles. Nonlinear pile bending stiffness was also integrated in the program.
- Built-in p-y curves for typical soft clay, stiff clay, sand, API sand, weak rock, c-phi soil
- Built-in elastic, elastic perfectly plastic, elastic perfectly plastic strain hardening, and brittle rock models
- Concentrated lateral load, moment, distributed load can be applied at any depth along piles.
- Free and fixed pile head, and arbitrary boundary conditions at any location at piles
- Reinforced concrete piles
- General nonlinear pile bending stiffness
- Nonuniform piles
- Finned piles
- Soil model illustration graphs
- p-y curves along pile length
- Multi-layered soil considered
- P multiplier to reduce p value in p-y curves
- Common pile cross sections and custom cross sections
- Multiple piles analysis
- SI units and English units
- Pile EI Multiplier to increase or reduce pile bending stiffness
- Axial load for p-delta analysis
- Result graph export (svg, emf, pdf, png)
- Results (deflection, moment, shear force, rotation angle) output as excel xlsx file
- Soil profile graph ready to be exported and used in report